Friday, December 11, 2009

Our Tree

I made today’s page using photos from last year’s tree decorating with a mixture of Fa la la la la and Holly Jolly Days kits from Pickleberry Pop.
11th 
I sometimes look at and admire trees that are decorated perfectly, all colour coordinated and balanced. We let the children have a free reign with our tree as they enjoy decorating it. Ed puts the lights on and then Alex and Rebecca, with Jamie lazily watching, enjoy piling all the tinsel onto one area and then try to hide the chocolate decorations in places where only they can find them. I do try to redistribute the tinsel a bit more evenly when they are not looking but I think our tree has character and charm when the children have decorated it and included things they have made at school.
One day they will be too old to want to help decorate. Then I will get my tidy, coordinated tree.
Yesterday I managed to finish a paper layout with Rebecca in last year’s Christmas pyjamas.
DSCF1993
I used Scenic Route Roxbury papers.
It has made me want to scrap a few more of last year’s photos as, although there are some nice ones they always seem to get left in their wallet as I don’t feel like Christmas scrapping in the new year.

1 comment:

Jane said...

gorgeous Jenny, love both the layouts.